This blog has now moved to "Cady May's Corner"
http://cadymayscorner.blogspot.com
where I post a bit about spinning, spindolyns and sheep and farm stuff.

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

change

On the knitting front as usual for me, I have messed up the neck band three ways from sunday on the peach shrug and am still going to try and slide by with calling it "a custom design feature" (I learned that at Camp-I-Wanna Knit, where all mistakes are seen as blessings in disguise and a great excuse to pass the chocolate)

Somehow during Mom's biopsy I lost two stitches off of the width of the neck band that I am knitting lastly to attach to the shrug/bolero. Since it is narrow, I was using dpn, and  when Daddy and I went to get coffee, I shoved the work into my bag,  when I pulled it out of the bag, it slid off the needles, and when I went to slide it bake on, somehow I pulled the next smaller size needle out of my bag to pick it up again...

SO!! as my protective pixies would have it, it turns out that the narrow section will fall at the back of the neck (how convenient!) I thought about frogging, but I think I will accept it as it is...I am swinging around now to the front side of the neck, and I just have to figure out a gracious way to pick back up those stitches lost stitches to match how they were lost to begin with.....

Personal (to my customers)
"the doctor smiled, but the news wasn't good"
                 -Paul Simon, lyrics from "darling lorraine"
(as an aside, off subject and over in another ballpark, some lyrics from that song I also like are "what!? you don't like the way I chew?!".... I am groping for a little levity here, can you tell?)

Anyway...sigh. Bad news always makes us rethink things, rearrange our priorities, count our blessings, hold our loved ones closer.

When you are a one-woman show, it also can slow you down a little, so, I will try to not fall too far behind, but if your order is a day or two longer in delivery than I expected, well, I'm a trying..

No comments: