This blog has now moved to "Cady May's Corner"
http://cadymayscorner.blogspot.com
where I post a bit about spinning, spindolyns and sheep and farm stuff.

Monday, March 30, 2009

Cherry Blossom Knitting

chrryclup


It was actually the cherry blossoms blooming that reminded me of the color of that spray dyed yarn, and made me hunt it up and start knitting on it..they way so one thing leads to another, when you are not knitting with a plan, but just “comfort knitting”


I started another spindolyn bean bag pouch, out of the cherry blossom colored yarn. It is a spiral hexagon, but to really match the cherry blossoms, it should have been a pentagon spiral..but as usual, I just picked up needles and started knitting and didn’t think it through first.


IMG_5080

I am up the sides now, and it is a little poochy for a pouchy, yes, I should have made it a pentagon…next time.


But I love cherry blossom time, never-the-less.


Here is a picture a week back, before the tree was in full bloom, in the background you can see one of the hills that flank the holler, and my shop, before Saturdays storm blew the storm door clean off of it (silly pun, but kinda too bad, because a storm door is the only kinda door it had)


cherryshops

And of course, I had to try and get a lamb with cherry blossom picture, to go with the mule with cherry blossom and goat with cherry blossom….


IMG_5112s

roseandcherry

cherrygoatspring


Cherry blossoms last a full 2 weeks, the honey bees working them over while you work to get your taters and onions and sugar snap peas in the ground, if you are late with them.


Then the bees leave and they drift to the ground in showers of delicate petals, clinging to tools and wheelbarrows and car windows and by then, bright green baby tree leaves will be everywhere and then it will be really, truly, spring. But right now, the bees are still buzzing, and last night was pretty good frost.

4 comments:

Valerie said...

Oh my...so sorry about your storm door! The cherry blossoms are lovely. Thanks for sharing, since ours are weeks away.

JeanTownsend said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
knittingdragonflies said...

The cherry blossom photos are lovely. They made me smile. Love the yarn!!
Vicki

lea-ann said...

love your latest pictures. Thanks for sharing and wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you this Easter holiday. Lea-Ann