This blog has now moved to "Cady May's Corner"
http://cadymayscorner.blogspot.com
where I post a bit about spinning, spindolyns and sheep and farm stuff.

Friday, February 9, 2007

wild hair




found this on the path to the old barn, fresh wild rabbit fur.
I ask myself, isn't it beautiful!? isn't it not that different than the years I spent spinning angora? yes, its short, but I shall just whap felt it when it is done.
The cards I wanted to use to blend it with the dyed lambs wool and dark dog fur are somewhere in the unheated bedroom...nope too cold to dig around in there, so I shall blend it with my hands..this would work better if my hands werent so cracked and dry, but progress! a spindle full and enough for maybe three more spindles full. A good reason to stay up late on a friday night, letting a podcast read to me by the firelight, spinning and imagining wild rabbits and owls in the dark.

No comments: